Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jeremy returns to Portland...and brings the rain with him!

Happy Wednesday!

Dear friends and family,
I'm writing to report that the rain has returned to Portland. The beautiful sunshine that has blessed us on and off for the past few days has disappeared.

{The blanket of grey has returned}

I'm going to try really hard not to dwell on the weather, but let me tell you that's easier said than done!

Instead, let me share with you a little Portland gem Jeremy and I experienced yesterday afternoon.

After hearing the name dropped here and there. Driving by once or twice. We just had to stop by.

Welcome to Dockside.
The very shack-like bar and restaurant just a mile up the road from our home.
The food is delicious. Dive bar atmosphere.
Wonderful staff and just about the most non-Portlandy place we've ever been inside the City limits.


And if you need more convincing you should try this place...two words...

Taco Tuesday.
$1.50
gets you three whole tacos!

Heaven does exist. And just because it's a cool story. Dockside's claim to fame...
the incriminating handwritten note Tonya Harding wrote detailing Nancy Kerrigan's practice schedule was found in the garbage outside Dockside.

Who knew?

I'll also share with you a photo of the delicious lunch I packed for Jeremy and me this morning.

Yummy right?

Inspired by the Little Red House, I toasted up some fresh bread (drizzled with garlic olive oil). Added some fresh tomato, basil, sprouts, and mozzarella.
Then add a few drops of balsamic vinaigrette and you're all set!

Is 9:30 too early to eat lunch?

3 comments:

  1. That sandwich looks delicious! I'm so glad you're updating the blog again, and I like the new look. By the way, you should read Rachel Wilkeson's blog, www.rachelwilkerson.com. she's hysterical and she has really good recipes, I think you would like it. I hope the sun comes back in Portland! It's so beautiful here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maeve! I will definitely take a look at Rachel's blog. I'm sure you're right and I will love it! Glad to hear the weather is beautiful in Alaska...when is the big move?! I'm so excited for you...just another reason I NEED to visit New York ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. End of July...so soon! I'm excited! Maybe you can come to NY for Labor Day??

    ReplyDelete