Thursday, June 2, 2011

Family Taco Night

Who doesn't love tacos?
Last night we fired up the grill and made fish tacos.
They were perfect.

Here's how to make the easiest/most delicious fish taco dinner in the world.

What you'll need:
2 salmon fillets
1/2 head of cabbage
3 tomatoes
1/2 an onion
1 avocado
3 limes
cilantro
salt and pepper
corn tortillas
black beans

1. Make up a bowl of toppings. This wasn't exactly salsa (we had some fresh salsa on the side), but this was great for beefing up your tacos. I cut up some of the leftover cabbage from last night's dinner, diced 3 tomatoes, 1/2 of an onion, 1 avocado, 1 TBL cilantro, added the juice from 1 lime and a bit of salt and pepper.

2. Take two salmon fillets and place them each on a square of foil. Fold the foil up around the salmon, forming a boat. Pinch the ends. Add a drizzle of olive oil, the juice of half a lime, salt and pepper. Then seal up your foil and place on the grill for about 10 minutes. You want your salmon to be light pink and flaky. I've had a lot of trouble getting salmon cooked just the right amount, whether grilled or baked...but grilling it in the foil turned out perfectly!

3. When your salmon is all done, build your tacos! Corn tortilla...topped with some black beans, the cabbage/tomato/avocado mix, some extra cilantro, lime juice if you like and extra salsa if you have it on hand and want some extra spice.

We ate ours with some grilled corn on the side. It was a perfect summer dinner and we will definitely be grilling our salmon this way in the future!

4 comments:

  1. Allison, what a perfect dinner!!! I have never had fish tacos with salmon before - those look delicious :o) I hear that you guys have some wonderful and long awaited sunny weather coming your way this weekend... and it's the rosefest, right?! I was just thinking... I've almost lived in Houston for one year... and that means that you've lived in Portland with your sweetheart for about a year now, right?! Yay :o) I hope you're having a wonderful Friday night! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I wanted to say... I love that photo you took :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been craving fish tacos and this just pushed me over the edge. Congrats on being in the Top 9! Looks delish - I'll be making this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Elle and Linnea!! But Linnea I have to confess Jeremy took this beautiful photo. He's been practicing!

    ReplyDelete