Friday, April 22, 2011

A How To Guide to Festival Season (Country Version)

It's here. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. I don't know about you, but I feel like I've been waiting for this for a very long time. Maybe it was all the rain and my desperate need for sunshine and summertime. Maybe it was the months of talking about it and anxiously counting down. But whatever it was now it's almost here...STAGECOACH. The glorious, weekend-long, country music festival in the desert that I wouldn't miss for all the world.



The best part? Stagecoach is just the beginning. It kicks off summer and summer in my world means going to every single country concert I can possibly squeeze in. For better or worse...here in Oregon we only have a few precious months of summer (read: good weather) and everything must be crammed in. That means concerts on weeknights, every weekend, and sometimes two in one weekend. Heaven.

As summer progresses I'm sure I'll be including quite a few concert entries, but for now I'd like to focus on Stagecoach. The forecast for Palm Springs next weekend is hovering around 93 degrees and sunny. This means I need to be prepared for 12 hours in the sun, two days in a row. Now you might be wondering, how is that pasty Oregonian going to survive? Well my friend, let me start by saying I've been prepping for this moment for the past few weeks. That means unavoidably I had to take a few trips to the tanning salon.

That was only the first step on my check list:


Stagecoach Must Do List
Buy tickets - Check.
Hotel reservation - Check.
Book flights - Check.
Tan - Check.
Secure Festival Wardrobe - Check!!

Of course, we all know the staples of the country concert wardrobe...cowboy boots and hat. Being a die hard country fan, these are already in my closet, along with my Jack Daniels Whiskey Makes Me Frisky Dress (see photo below for evidence). However, the high temps and desert setting for this particular concert calls for some additional thought and effort (shopping!).

Here are the musts for the Stagecoach wardrobe:

Denim Shorts
Tank Tops
Bikini
Funky Accessories
SUNGLASSES

Pretty easy right? After a trip to Nordstrom earlier this week I'm completely set for next weekend. If anyone else is headed to Stagecoach (or any other country concert) Nordy's has some great Native American/Western inspired accessories right now. Free People is also a great brand for all your festival-clothing-needs.

I promise after the festival I'll be sure to upload some photos and highlights from the weekend. But for now, I'll leave you with this photo from last year's Stagecoach Festival! Hope to see you all there!!


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like SO much fun!!! And from this post... you sound very much like Zac did when he visited Houston this month - crazy for the sun!!!! He was obsessed with getting a tan, and has a strategy for layering SPFs so that he can still get tan, but not burned. It works sometimes :o)

    ReplyDelete