Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful for my Surrogate Family

As I was driving to work this morning I realized what I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving. It may sound cheesy, but I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends here in Portland, and even more blessed to have made friends all over this country who will come visit Jeremy and I all the way up here in the tundra (shout out to Maeve, Veronica, Ray, and Laura!).

By far the greatest thing to come from Jeremy and I going to school in NY and then Jeremy's career in the Coast Guard has been the friends we have made all over. I honestly think we could go to any major city in the country and be able to call on one of our friends. THAT is an amazing feeling. Jeremy and I have spent the majority of the last 5+ years away from our families, so to have such amazing people in our lives is something we are truly thankful for. (Brittany--I know if you're reading this right now you're probably rolling your eyes!)

Last night Jeremy and I spent the evening with our good friends/Portland family...Tyler, Lauren, and Dani (Jared you were there in spirit!). On a night with sub-freezing temperatures, it was great to go out for burgers with our friends and then sit around playing Pop-5 and watching Dancing with the Stars. And if anyone is only reading this for the food recommendations, you should try Little Big Burger--122 NW 10th St., Portland.

For everyone reading this...travel safe this weekend and enjoy your Thanksgiving with your families and/or surrogate families! Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Happy thanksgiving! My first comment on this blog was made when I was sitting on a toilet :)

    ReplyDelete