Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Little Rant (I can't help myself)

I have a dirty little secret to confess to all of my blog readers.
My neighbor hates me.
Well, I shouldn't say me.
He hates Buoy. So by association he hates me.
I don't know how we got so unlucky, but we live next door to the Grinch and it isn't getting any better.

This morning my alarm went off at 6:15, I climbed out of bed and let my angelic baby Buoy out to go potty.
Every morning he walks down the stairs, tinkles in the dirt, and then comes back upstairs.
Every morning I stand in the doorway keeping an eye on him...ten feet away.
Well this morning at approximately 6:18 the Grinch came outside and walked by Buoy.
As he walked by Buoy, not realizing I was watching, he says in his Grinchiest voice,
"What are you doing out here?!"
Which I responded to with the following, "He's just going to the bathroom!"
Well, I think Buoy could feel the hate and animosity radiating from the Grinch, because he barked.
One lonely but loud bark.

And then I kid you not...
que the 5 second delay...
1,
2,
3,
4,
and 5.

"Ouch! Your dog bit me!"

You've got to be kidding me. I'm standing right here, I saw the whole thing.
So I said to the Grinch, "Are you serious? Did he actually touch your skin?"
To which the Grinch replied, "Well no."
And then proceeded to lecture me on how "this has got to stop, your dog peeing off the leash."
Then the Grinch stormed off.

So, I've been fuming all day. Replaying the incident in my head over and over.
And let me tell you, the Grinch is a drama queen. I try pretty dang hard to be friendly with just about everyone. I don't hate people, but this guy is getting pretty darn close to changing that.

How would you handle this situation? Kill the Grinch with kindness? Maybe it would turn out just like Dr. Seuss planned...

"And what happened, then?
Well, in Whoville they say - that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day."

All I know is you would have to be crazy to think this little bundle of love would cause anyone harm. I mean come on! He's lived next door to Buoy for 2.5 years...he's hardly the neighborhood terrorist.

Alright, I feel better after telling the story. If anyone has advice for dealing with my Grinchy neighbor I'd love to hear it!


1 comment:

  1. Grrr. I felt so mad reading this! I would say to keep being nice to your neighbor... but the fact that he said that Buoy bit him, when obviously he didn't... just makes me wonder what kind of claims he would make if you happened to be looking the other way? What a grinch!

    ReplyDelete