Monday, October 3, 2011

Life Changing Events

Dear Scuttlebutters,

Most of you who read this have probably already heard the news, but Jeremy and I are engaged! Jeremy proposed on September 16th, so this post is long overdue. But I think it's just now starting to sink in! I can't tell you how overjoyed we are and how blessed we feel by all the warm wishes we've receieved from our friends and family. Thank you all for making us feel so loved!

The proposal was perfect. Spontaneous and in our home. Buoy was there and played a very important part in the whole thing.
 Here we are right after! Luckily, Dani and Jared were there to capture the moment right after it happened. A little blurry and we look a little splotchy, but you get the idea!


Now, without getting to cheesy, I just have to say how totally happy I feel. Jeremy and I met 8 years ago in our high school physics class. There have been plenty of ups and downs along the way, but with a lot of love and blind hope we have managed to grow up and stay together. He's my best friend and I can't wait to make our little family official. You better believe Buoy will be a part of the wedding too :)

So there's the important update! I am very excited fall has returned. October is going to be a wonderful month, I can feel it! There are so many exciting things to do.

2. Get a very special visit from Jeremy's brother John.
3. Attend a Bridal Expo with Lauren this weekend.
4. Confirm our date and venue! (We're thinking July, ahhhh!)
5. Make a tour of the Fruit Loop out in Hood River with my parents.
6. Dive head first into all sorts of fall cooking...which you all will hopefully benefit from too!

Side note...last night I decided to make homemade chicken soup, stock from scratch, the whole bit. After two hours carefully preparing the soup, right before I was about to laddle the deliciousness into bowls, I dumped practically the whole jar of pepper into the broth. There went the soup and out came the toast for dinner.

Learn from my mistakes people. Double check which side of the pepper (or any other spice for that matter) you open!

Love,
Allison {almost} Maginot

1 comment:

  1. Dear Allison,
    I am sooooo excited for you :o) I love that first photo of you & Jeremy - you are SHINING with LOVE!!! I'm really looking forward to hearing more about your wedding plans & you gave me some great ideas for fall to-do's; I've always wanted to drive around the fruit loop! I'm not sure I'll be able to do it this year... but I'm going to keep it in my pocket. Can't wait to read about your new recipes! I'm trying to get better about cooking for myself here - my latest success: pasta with roasted veggies! It was easy & fed me for 3 days :o) Talk to you soon!!
    xox,
    Linnea

    ReplyDelete