Monday, October 25, 2010

Welcome!

Well, they say the third time's the charm. I sure hope that's true, because this is officially the third blog I've started...and if all goes according to plan (fingers crossed) this will be the first I actually keep up with. The idea of starting a blog has been nagging me for weeks. At first I was held up by that pesky voice in my head that said it wasn't worth my time, but at the very sweet encouragement of my boyfriend Jeremy, I decided to go for it! Unlike in the past, when I've had a very specific idea for what I wanted to write about, this blog will be like my life at the moment...chaotic, all over the place, and exciting!

Over the past three months my life has taken innumerable twists, curves, and bends in the road...some have been easier than others, but each and every one was part of a bigger plan. This blog will be about those adventures. I want this to be a place where I can sit down and share with you all of the little sources of inspiration, excitement, adventure, and love! I have a funny feeling my life is far from settling down. As the girlfriend of a U.S. Coastie there will be a fair share of unexpected life changes, as I have already found. That's how I ended up here, in Portland, Oregon! One of the most beautiful and inspiring cities I've ever been to. As Jeremy and I travel the country and get to know our new hometown of Portland even better...I will share with you the hidden gems, funny stories, and must-do's we find along the way. I also plan on using this blog as a place to share the adventures of "moving in together"! The ups and downs and all of the day-to-day steps and missteps as we start our life together. Hopefully this blog can become a collection of stories, lessons, and useful advice for anyone who needs a good book, a good recipe, or a good restaurant here in Portland or beyond!

Love, A

No comments:

Post a Comment