Wednesday, October 27, 2010

If You Ever Find Yourself in Alabama

A few weeks back I took a trip down South to visit Jeremy. I flew into Gulfport, Mississippi (never thought I'd see the day)...and then we briefly visited New Orleans before heading back to Alabama. I just wanted to make a quick post about this incredible BBQ joint we discovered in Mobile.

Gem of the Month: The Brick Pit BBQ

As many of you know I'm a Yelp fanatic. I am also a true believer in putting in the effort to find local favorites when I visit any new place. Mobile, Alabama was no exception. I used my Yelping skills to find the best barbecue spot in Alabama...possibly in the South (although this will take much more research to confirm!).



Brick Pit is a little hole in the wall place with a meat smoker out front. When you walk inside the first thing you will most likely notice is the sharpie graffiti all over the walls. Don't let this deter you! Jeremy, our friend Ray, and I had the best barbecue pork EVER. As one yelper deemed it, Brick Pit is the "holy grail of barbecue". Both the ribs and the pulled pork are must tries. And of course...like any good southern bbq spot...you can't forget the coleslaw, beans, and sweet tea to tie it all together.


The Brick Pit BBQ - 5456 Old Shell Rd., Mobile, AL

No comments:

Post a Comment